Purpose of Job:
Full responsibility of all kitchen areas including culinary operations, kitchen management, menu development & implementation, procurement, HACCP, team learning, development and supervision.
Responsible to: Managing Director / General Manager
Responsible for: Culinary Operation.
. Hygiene, Health, Safety & Welfare at Work
· Implementation and management of all HACCP regulations.
· Ensure your department is a safe working environment and in compliance with all health & safety legislation.
· Manage and conduct work activities in such a way as to ensure safety, health and welfare at work of all colleagues and guests
· To comply with company policies regarding Fire, Health and Safety, Hygiene, Security & honesty.
· Planning & organising the kitchen departments for business on the books – managing the rostering of staff, menu planning, food purchasing, stock control & delivery of a quality food product on time and within profit margin.
· Managing the senior chefs to ensure highest quality and efficiency levels across the culinary operations at all time.
· Directing & supervising the daily activities in the kitchens.
· Issuing of menus to sales & operational teams as required and within the timelines required.
· Ensure food preparation is delivered in an efficient manner, is quality focused and maintains the highest levels of hygiene.
· Manage the kitchen porter department and ensure all cleaning rosters are adhered to.
· Leading and assisting the teams in all daily kitchen activities in a “Hands – on” capacity
· Overseeing the food offering and ensuring a high quality of meals at all times according to company standards.
· Manage relationship with suppliers and ensure they are meeting the needs of the business and delivering the service you require.
· Achieve food gross profit target each year.
· Ensure there are good stock control procedures within the department.
· Manage payroll within budget using the Alkimii system on a daily basis to ensure payroll and staffing levels are in line with business needs.
· Ensure all dishes and menus are fully costed.
· That effective food purchasing is being carried out and all orders are placed through the Procure Wizard System.
· Ensure compliance with all group purchasing procedures and group direction.
· Agreeing pricing of menus & dishes with the Sales team, ensuring that the gross margin is being delivered.
· Implement policies to reduce food waste.
· Planning and implementation of revenue driving food initiatives throughout the kitchen operations.
· Achieve and maintain a high-quality food offering across all departments and food outlets with a view to enhancing the hotel’s reputation and developing business levels across the hotel.
· Enhancing the banqueting menus & coming up with innovative ideas for the banqueting offering.
· Implement and maintain a robust and consistent breakfast offering in line with group standards.
· Working with the Operational team to ensure food sales targets are being delivered and tailoring offering to ensure sales targets are met.
· Regular research of future food trends.
· Planning with the assistance of the HR dept the yearly kitchen recruitment requirements and adopt staffing level needs according to the operations, business levels and seasons
· Recruitment of new team members with the assistance of the HR department.
· Have SOP’s in place for each food outlet and for overall department standards.
· Develop the food knowledge of our F&B service team through menu tastings, briefings, etc
· Ensure quarterly job chats and annual personal development reviews are completed for all kitchen staff
· Partake in any required training to obtain all necessary certification and to deliver on all Hygiene and Health & Safety responsibilities.
· Conduct or assist in any training of the kitchen team.
· Requirement to lead your team by example, by role-modelling professional discipline and ensuring a culture of dignity and respectful behaviour at work at all times
· Ensure implementation of all company policies, manage differences and conflict among the kitchen team and others
· Develop a culture that facilitates learning and encourages continuous development of the team
· A customer centered approach and excellent staff is what our hotels are renowned for. Respect for our customers, respect for one another and respect for our local community is at our core. All staff from directors to operations work by these three pillars of respect. Great people make great hotels.
BenefitsUse of the Hotel's Fitness centre, Meals when on Duty, Staff discounts in The Spa, Hotel Discounts, Motivational Benefits - Employee of the Month, On-Site Parking, Wellness program,